Sunday, January 22, 2017

Rainbow Snippet 1-21/1-22

Snippet from my new release, Strip Shot, the prequel to Behind the Velvet Curtain. These are the first six lines of the book.

I feel guilty about doing it, but I know it’s the only way to get Kenny and me out of Ohio and all the way to San Francisco. In truth, Kenny came up with the plan, I just decided to go along with it. I guess that is one of my weaknesses. I remember my older brother Rick always talking me into doing things when were kids that I wouldn’t have done on my own. I think a big part of that was just showing that, although I may have been considered a “sissy” by most kids, I actually did have guts, which got me into a little trouble sometimes, but nothing serious. As an adult, even a young adult, I probably should know better; but here I am, going along with his plan.
 
Rainbow Snippets Facebook Rainbow Snippets Facebook

9 comments:

  1. It can be hard to say no, even when you know you should. I'm curious to know what this plan is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very curious about the plan. I can empathize. When I was a kid I was eldest of three cousins. looking back, I think they colluded to make up harebrained schemes which they persuaded me to go along with. When they went wrong, as they invariably did, I was blamed because I was the oldest. I therefore consider myself experienced in "going along with things" and the chaos that can thereafter ensue. This could go anywhere and I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard not to go along when it's someone you think should care about you. I wonder what the plan is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm curious about this dubious plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! It's only too easy to sympathize with this feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, been there... :) Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete