Saturday, February 6, 2016

Rainbow Snippet from Behind the Velvet Curtain, Chapter Six: The creeper


The following Friday, I had a 2 PM show, so it was pretty quiet in the theatre. When I put my key into the dressing room door after going to the bathroom, I thought I heard a noise coming from inside. I paused a second, then cracked the door open about an inch.

“Hello?” I asked. There was no response, so I asked again. Silence. I pushed the door open and the light was off, which usually isn’t the case, so I flicked it on. I was sure I didn’t turn the light off after I got into costume and went to the bathroom. I glanced around, and there was no one there. Or, at least, no one I could see.
RainbowSnippets-Facebook link

My debut novella Behind the Velvet Curtain is the story of a scrawny Ohio kid turned sexy San Francisco stripper and his new hunk of a boyfriend, Justin.  But in this chapter, things start to turn a little dark with an obsessed, scary fan that comes to his shows; the appearance of "The creeper".

Behind the Velvet Curtain-Amazon link with preview

9 comments:

  1. Ooh very creepy. Is there a ghost, or something more sinister lurking where he can't see them. I'm excited to find out. I love dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..."or that I could see"...excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would definitely freak me out. I hate that feeling that things aren't as I left them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost felt the hair standing up on the back of my neck when I read that. Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete